There is more to wool than meets the eye! It can also help solve many of the issues we've been discussing over the past few weeks from helping keep your kiddos stay warm longer to being the building blocks to the layers they wear. Below we are sharing all the amazing qualities of wool that make it a one-of-a-kind fabric.
WHY WEAR WOOL
Reasons for wearing wool stretch far beyond its good looks!
- Regulates body temperature
- Wrinkle and crease-resistant; no ironing necessary
- Sustainable and eco-friendly
- Odor resistant
- Fits any wardrobe style
- Easy to care for; machine or hand washable; hang to dry
- Durable and long-lasting
- Hypoallergenic for sensitive skin
- Highly comfortable and flexible
- Moisture-wicking fibers help maintain dryness
- Flame retardant
- Repels small amounts of water, like light spills
- Soft and lightweight, yet warm
- Protects skin from harmful UV rays
Tip! Active kids quickly go from being outdoors to indoors and back; from running around and sweating, to sitting still and letting the sweat cool down. Merino wool helps regulate temperature during those rapid changes.
Wear Wool All Year-Round
Lightweight wools like merino can be worn as a warm base layer in the winter or a temperature-regulating single layer in spring and summer.